The Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) lists 3 levels of priorities that a web site should comply to. Striling City Council's web services are working towards becoming fully compliant with Priority 1 , 2 and 3.
Here is a list of features that make Stirling Council's web services accessible for all:
Page Design and Properties
- The pages are short and simple. We keep the cyber real estate in clean and easy to escalate if required.
- Media that requires proprerty plugins are used sparingly. If such content used, a textual alternative is always provided.
- XHTML has been used to structure the document
- ALT tags (alternative description tags) have been used for conveying the meaning of all important images - these contain meaningful text
- Use of images have been used in moderation
- Text alternatives have been provided where video, audio, media or image maps have been used
- Screen reader has been tested on the site
- Fonts are used consistently throughout the site
- Text colours have high contrast with background colours
- Colours have not been used as a primary device for conveying information